This is interesting. I think this came about (kind of) because of my efforts getting Spotifyd working on NetBSD. I stumbled across this forum thread which links to my post and culminates in folk getting ncspot working on NetBSD. It’s a really nice thread as summed up by this post.
- If I’d known about ncspot I may well have tried to get that working before Spotifyd
- However… Spotifyd is still handy for me for when I’m on my work laptop and can control Spotify from there, but play out to my NetBSD desktop (where my headphones and stereo are plugged into)
- I wish I had more time to be involved with the “community” so I’d hear about these things sooner (and had more time to help out). Oh well. Maybe one day
- I wish I had more time to get stuff I do out of Pkgsrc WIP into main
- Makes me love NetBSD and Pkgsrc a little bit more.
Wow, there’s also a QT client now, but I love the ncurses approach