Kind of annoyingly, but also kind of luckily, I started working on this almost five years ago, but I was always waiting on Simperium offering a way to get a token via the UI. In the end they abandoned that plan, but did add authentication to the Simperium API. So this ended up being much more of a scrappy and hasty change than I would have preferred owing to not having as much spare time as I used to, but if it wasn’t for the groundwork in 2014 I would have been screwed.
Hard to know how many things out there still rely on simplenote.py, presumably not as much as used to (E.g. this went it’s own way rather than fix upstream) owing to activity on the issues, but I still use it via simplenote.vim. Since most of the code changes were done in a “let’s get something that works” fashion there isn’t much I can point to and say “look at this. Some points of interest though:
- I tried hard to make it a drop in replacement for the earlier API. Simperium changed the names of lots of fields so this maps them to the old API names and removes them in the other direction.
- The loss of
syncnumis going to screw snose and since I still use that I need to figure out a fix.
- The loss of
since(as a date anyway), means I really could do with finally figuring out some form of caching, at least for the note index.
[EDIT: 2018-10-06] Also updsted snose to work with Simperium - seems like just using
version in place of
syncnum is enough.