Some very rough initial notes on playing with DragonFly BSD on Linode for when I find time to come back and play some more; Of the rest of the BSDs after NetBSD it’s DragonFly BSD that interests me the most.
- Need a 3GB rescue disk (The zipped image is tiny but extracts to 2GB).
- 2GB installer disk (to
ddthe USB image onto).
- A XGB disk to actually install onto.
- The install disk will boot fine in paravirtualisation, but won’t recognise the second disk therefore boot the installer in full virtualisation.
- When the installer boots (para or full) you’ll get an error trying to mount from
ufs:da8s2a(must have been how that usb image was set up). You need to enter
- I elected to use Hammer on the install. The install image will fail similarly on boot moaning about not being able to find
/dev/serno/QM00002.s1a, etc. You need to enter
hammer: ad0s1ato boot.
- You can then fix
/etc/fstaband change all the
- As well as
fstabalso need to fix
boot/loader.conf. Then it’ll boot fine.
- I didn’t set up a network or anything else so that was the end of the experiment this time.